GivingTuesday Message from the Wilder Memorial Library Board of Trustees
Dear Friends and neighbors,
2019 has been a busy year for the Library, and we have lots of projects on our plate for 2020. But our main mission continues to be the same –to provide the greater Weston Community with access to the educational, cultural, recreational and research benefits of a free public library.
This is a reminder that December 3 is designated as GivingTuesday – a global fundraising event held annually the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and running for 24 hours….a chance to support your favorite charity.
We realize that many of you have already given to the Library this year and we are most appreciative. But if you have not, or even if you have, and if you are so inclined, please consider a gift to the Library. You can send a check to: Wilder Memorial Library, PO Box 38, Weston, VT 05161.
We are proud of our accomplishments this past year, including:
- Finalizing plans to make the Library entrance ADA compliant by installing a ramp and a parking space in the front. This has involved the work of local architect Ryan Foster, local builder Ron Prouty and the continuing support of the Weston Selectboard. We plan to break ground for this project in the spring.
- Continuing programming for children and families over the summer and weekly story hour for little ones — mostly from the Little school — during the year with volunteer readers from our community.
- We also support local book clubs and play reading groups.
- We have the latest books and DVDs and can provide readers to access of books beyond the Library through the Vermont InterLibrary Loan program and via ebooks.
- And we continue to provide WiFi free of charge.
We have many exciting things planned for 2020, including a new Library Director, and a new program during the month of March called “Weston Pop-Up University”. And we are always looking for volunteers at the Library.
A final note of thanks to all who use and support the Library. An independent, free public library is a vital part of American democracy.
Trustees: Trustee Emeritae
Carrie Chalmers Donna Bonang
Deborah Granquist Beverly Fonner
Malcolm Hamblett Barbara Lloyd