Looking for books or movies to brighten up your Spring?
We are excited to offer Front Porch Pickup service, providing patrons access to physical materials through our contactless curbside service.
Please Note: Hours and Days may change due to weather.
Please call or email us to confirm your books are ready before pickup.
Front Porch Pickup Hours:
Tuesdays 10:00 a.m. – Noon
Thursdays 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Fridays 10:00 a.m. – Noon
How to use Front Porch Pickup service:
1) Browse our online catalog via Library World to choose the books, DVDs, and audiobooks that you’d like to borrow Click here to sign in to Library World using your patron number (the number located on your library card).
Please contact us if you need help accessing Library World or your library card number.
2) After browsing our catalog online, let us know what you’d like to borrow, Send us an email, or Call us at 802-824-4307. If we don’t answer your call please leave a message, as we check messages daily.
3) Need help? If you would like help selecting books or other items, and/or accessing our catalog via Library World, our staff is here for you. Please contact us via email, phone to arrange a time to chat.
4) Want to talk? If you’d prefer to request materials by talking to a human, would like book or movie recommendations, or simply want to say “hello!” we’d be delighted to call you. Let us know when you’re free and we’ll give you a ring!
5) You will receive a phone call when your items are ready for pick up
Please do not place holds on your account in Library World – instead, contact us to place a hold on an item. Interlibrary loans are not available at this time.
How to pick-up your reserved items:
Your items will be placed in a bag (marked with your name) in front of the Library for contactless pickup. In case of rain, bagged items will be placed in the vestibule. Only one person at a time in the vestibule.
In the event of rain during this time, we will call you to discuss how to provide you with your order (i.e. we might place it in the trunk of your car, etc.) Wearing face coverings/masks is recommended when picking-up and returning materials. Please do not touch other people’s bags or returned items. Take your bag and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions How will I know my holds are ready for pickup? You will receive a phone call from Library staff. Please provide us with your current phone number when requesting your materials.
How do I return materials? There will be a box placed outside the Library for returns. You may return your Library materials during Front Porch Pickup hours on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. While our returns box is open in the vestibule, we ask that patrons avoid climbing the front steps until the construction is complete. Do I need a Library card?
Yes, patrons must have a Wilder Memorial Library card to use Front Porch Pickup. If you do not have a Library card, contact us to register for a Library card.
What if I have mobility issues and cannot leave my vehicle?
We can place bagged items in the trunk of your vehicle. Please call us before you arrive to request this accommodation.
What materials are available for pickup?
All physical materials currently on the shelf are available for pickup, including books, DVDs, and audio CDs.
InterLibrary loans (books from other libraries) are not available at this time.
What are you doing to protect the safety of patrons and Library staff?
The contactless Front Porch Pickup model we are using provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and staff. All physical materials are quarantined for seven days before being checked back out. Items will not be checked in until after the quarantine period. Staff sanitize their hands before and after handling materials. Patrons and staff should respect the need for physical distancing and not approach one another. This may feel uncomfortable, but it is necessary to provide a safe, contactless pickup service. If you notice someone in Front Porch Pickup area, please remain in your vehicle or at least six feet away, until the previous patron has departed.
Bags are a temporary measure to protect patron privacy, protect physical materials, and limit unnecessary contact. Bags help separate materials to avoid the need for patrons to sort through items on the pickup cart.