Each year, libraries across the state of Vermont are provided with free passes to all Vermont State Parks and all Vermont Historic Sites that can be checked out and used by library patrons. This program was first introduced in 2009 and is sponsored by the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks, & Recreation, Vermont Division for Historic Preservation, and the Vermont Department of Libraries.
The program will end when the parks and sites close for the summer/fall; that date varies according to individual park and site rules. The library pass admits one vehicle holding up to eight people to a Vermont State Park or Vermont Historic Site for one day.
Here are the guidelines for checking out a pass from Wilder Memorial Library:
- Residents from Weston, Landgrove, and Andover may check out a pass (residents of Londonderry, South Londonderry, and Peru should visit the South Londonderry Free Library to check out a pass)
- Residents of the above mentioned towns must be registered as a library patron to check out a pass
- Passes have three (3) day check out periods
- Passes may be reserved but must be picked up within three (3) days of being reserved
- Lost passes cost $40.00 to replace and must be paid for by the patron
Our library also has a pass to Billings Farm, Fort at No. 4, and the ECHO Center & Aquarium.
Come on by to take advantage of these fantastic passes!